The Sisters of the Society of St. Pius X in Browerville, Minnesota U.S.A. run a highly successful international Catechism Correspondence school. They have kindly agreed to work with the District of Great Britain so that ALL the children who frequent our chapels (and any others who wish to apply) may receive the best formation possible by enroling in the school.
Who is this for?
The project will commence with enrolments for a course to prepare candidates for the sacrament of confirmation which will be administered on
- 11th May 2019 at St. Michaels School, Burghclere and
- 12th May 2019 at Ss. Margaret & Leonard's, Edinburgh
ALL CHILDREN (11-16) WHO WISH TO RECEIVE CONFIRMATION MUST ENROL unless they are pupils of St. Michael's School.
Enrolment is possible either by:
- completing the webform and making a payment of £15 (see donate page)
- or completing an enrolment form (pdf here or hardcopy at Mass Centres) and sending by email to [email protected] or by post to Society of St. Pius X, St. George's House, 125 Arthur Road, Wimbledon SW19 7DR with a payment of £15 (see donate page)
How it works
- Once a child is enroled, the parents will be sent a course with instructions and homework sheets.
- Parents are expected to teach the course to their children (where possible, priests and catechists will assist at the Mass Centres). One homework sheet is to be completed each week and is to be sent to the GB District Catechism Secretary who is the intermediary between the SSPX Sisters and the parents.
- An SSPX Sister will correct the work and will personally correspond with the pupil through the parents (via the GB District Catechism Secretary).