NB: The arrangements have changed since the original announcement was posted in January of this year - please reread this to obtain the new time and venue:
- The District Annual Pilgrimage to Walsingham will commence at NOON on Saturday 2 September at the Slipper Chapel near Houghton St Giles.
- Process to the Abbey ruins for the Consecration of England and the Society to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary at the site of the Holy House and then a few yards further to Little Walsingham Parish Hall at 14 High Street NR22 6NA for Mass at approximately 2.00pm indoors.
- Mass will be followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament (for First Saturday) and after that there will be tea for all who wish to partake.
- Dinner will probably be salad & lasagna with tea or coffee for a small donation (about £8.00 per head) to help cover costs.
- Sunday Mass (First Sunday) will be offered at 10.30 am in the same Parish Hall for those who stay overnight.
Note that the pilgrimage route itself is along a track across fields and over a wooden footbridge and therefore cannot accommodate motor vehicles. This pilgrimage presents an ideal opportunity for Knights of the Militia Immaculatae to show their love and support for the Immaculata, especially as it comes just before her birthday, the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, on September 8th. All the faithful are urged to make a special effort to undertake this pilgrimage during this, the Centenary Year of the Fatima Apparitions, and particularly if they were unable to attend the Pilgrimage to Fatima itself. It is hoped that there will be at least 100 pilgrims - one for each of the 100 years.
The Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary will take place on Saturday at the site of the Holy House near the Abbey ruins between the end of the procession and the commencement of Mass in the village/parish hall.
Early booking of local accommodation is advised.